Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 55 – Bozeman to Missoula, Montana

Thursday, November 4th, 2010

I’ve got to make this post quick as my laptop battery is almost dead and I’m at a Barnes & Noble with no electrical outlets for charging.

I left Bozeman this morning and headed northwest with the destination of Missoula in mind. I stopped in some towns along the way such as Belgrade, Manhattan, Three Forks, Butte and finally Missoula. The total trip was just a little over 200 miles. The weather was great, sunny and in the mid 60s. Most of the towns were small with Butte and Missoula significantly bigger. Missoula seems like it would be a neat place to live, the scenery is great and it has a young crowd feeling, but I don’t think there is alot of good skiing around, I could be wrong though? I didn’t do too much today besides drive. I did however stop in for two 99-cent tacos at Taco Sano. I chose the bbq brisket for the meat choice, the usual lettuce and tomato, jalapenos and topped with a chipotle mayo. They were pretty fantastic and a nice break from my normal routine of cream cheese-less bagels and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I'm getting more and more used to the hobo life on the road so even a $2 taco stop is really a welcomed treat.

So now I’m at the bookstore to kill some time and the rest of my laptop battery. I am trying to form a game plan for tomorrow. I think I am going to head north towards Whitefish and Kalispell. While I’m there, I might as well go to Glacier National Park. I think I’ve decided that I’m going all the way to the west coast. So Becky and Rick, if you’re reading this, I hope your Thanksgiving invitation in Seattle still stands?

I’m down to 6% battery life now so it's time to press the publish button. I’ve got a few books on fly fishing that will keep me occupied until the store closes and then I’ll go and look for a place to stay for the night.

Buenos noches

2 comments:

  1. Fly fishing is cool, I've messed around with a buddies fly rod to learn how to cast, and it's not easy. But once you get the rhythm down, it's not too bad.

    Just a word of advice, it ain't cheap. So keep eatin' your bagels and save those $0.99 if you're inclined to pick up some gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jay,
    You're not kidding. Fly fishing makes skiing and golf seem inexpensive. Nothing fun is ever free, well except for, oh nevermind.

    ReplyDelete